|Debut:||Hatoful Boyfriend: A School of Hope and White Wings|
|Character Voice:||Sakurai Takahiro|
|Hatchday:||2 May, 2171|
|Species:||Luzon bleeding-heart dove|
|Also known as|
|v • d • e|
Anghel's a loner-type of bird. He talks like he lives in a JRPG world, and refers to everybirdie with fantasy titles. Hiyoko is "Apostle of the Blue Sky" or, more commonly, "Edel Blau". He believes there is an Avatar of Destruction sealed in his crimson breast and that he is the Crimson Angel of Judecca.
Anghel is also a member of the manga club. He draws manga based on his fantasy world. He's very passionate about being a mangaka.
He is voiced by 櫻井孝宏 (Sakurai Takahiro) in the second and third drama CDs.
ED no.11: To the End of EmptinessEdit
|To the End of Emptiness|
|Unlocks:||Note No. 1|
|v • d • e|
Anghel is the reincarnation of the Crimson Fallen Angel of Judecca. The student card Hiyoko finds on the floor actually belongs to him, and has his real name on it - Yoshio Akagi (赤木 良夫). He hates hearing his real name. Anghel's student card became the proof of alliance between Hiyoko and Anghel when he scribbled their pact on it and gave it to her.
Anghel is usually alert to the presence of Hawk agents around and even gives Hiyoko a protective charm when she asks him out for the summer festival. (The charm was for 'easy child-birth', and seems to be his subtle way of saying he likes her.) Though he may seem strange or weird, he's actually one of the few birds that is actively aware of the evil that's lurks in St. Pigeonation's, and that Shuu is very dangerous.
He is also one of the few doves who want to deal with Shuu directly. During his ending, he engages in a RPG turn-based battle with a demonic tree-bird called Himnesia that Shuu summoned. During this battle, Shuu takes on the identity of the evil dark sorcerer Wallenstein, and starts talking like a JRPG final boss. Anghel's mapping pen is his weapon, called Saekro'm the Holy Spear, and he lends it to Hiyoko to fight Himnesia and Shuu with.
Hiyoko also participates in the RPG battle. Stats become important, as they change into HP and MP bars. It is possible to lose this fight and get a game over if you don't do enough damage to Himnesia before it kills her. At the end of the battle, Hiyoko admits to remembering her past life as an angel who sealed Anghel.
Bad Boy's Love (Hurtful Boyfriend)Edit
In the Bad Boys' Love (Hurtful Boyfriend) story, we find out that Anghel has the ability to affect anybirdie around him with hallucinations, which explains why Shuu actually started sprouting JRPG lines in that final battle. In lab reports on Anghel, it is found that researchers in the sealed lab were trying to find a way to utilise Anghel's abilities for the military, but didn't succeed.
Shuu also mentions that Anghel suffers from megalomania, and is deluded with his own fantasies. With Anghel's abilities, however, it can get rather difficult to tell what is reality and what is not.
"Fallen Chronicles: Absolute Zero"Edit
The demo of Holiday Star, the story of Fallen Angel - Absolute Zero, centers around Anghel's abilities to pull people into a fantasy world. Tohri manages to create a weapon using Anghel's blood and, with this weapon, attempts to take revenge on Shuu (whom he refers to as "Isa Souma") by destroying St PigeoNation. Anghel then used his abilities consciously to change Hiyoko, Nanaki and Ryouta into Pretty Coore (pigeon Pretty Cure) magical girls and create a Pretty Coore barrier to defend their school.
"Midnight Attack of the Nightmare"Edit
Hatoful Boyfriend MangaEdit
Anghel is the Crimson Angel of Judecca. "Judecca" is the penultimate level of hell in Dante's Inferno, named after Judas, the disciple who betrayed Jesus Christ.
Hatoful Boyfriend Drama CDsEdit
Anghel is voiced by 櫻井孝宏 (Sakurai Takahiro) in the second, third, and fourth drama CDs.
Anghel is a Luzon bleeding-heart dove. Hiyoko initially mistakes his chest to have a gaping wound upon their first meeting due to her being unfamiliar with Luzon plumage.
Anghel's gijinka (human) form shows him to often bear a serious or determined expression. He has long, layered teal hair with two ends having white highlights. His eyes are green, having one covered in bandages, along with multiple other parts of his body including the chest (which appears bloodied to represent his red plumage) and arm. He decorates himself in a number of accessories, including belts and some jewelry.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Anghel is known to be rather eccentric, and doesn't seem to converse too heavily with others. He is driven primarily by his fantasies, and they are often so strong that he is able to suck others into them and given different abilities/powers. His form of speech is referred to as "Anghelism", and he refers to all characters with fantasy names. He is very determined and devoted to what he takes interest to, like his work, when it's shown that he caters a liking to the arts and writes his own manga based on his fantasies.
He suffers from Megalomania. From what is heard in his fantasies he acts kind hearted.
Anghel is the Filipino word for "angel". In Japanese, it is written using the katakana ア (a) ン (n) ヘ (he) ル (ru). Higure consists of the kanji characters 緋 (hi), "scarlet, cardinal", and 紅 (kure), "crimson, deep red".
Yoshio consists of the kanji characters 良 (yoshi), "good", and 夫 (o), "husband, man". Akagi consists of the kanji characters 赤 (aka), "red", and 木 (gi), "tree".
One thing worth noting is that 緋 (hi), the first character of Anghel's chosen/preferred family name, is actually outdated kanji. The kanji used today for the word is 赤 (aka), the first character of Anghel's birth family name.
- According to Holiday Star and the manga, Anghel's regular bedtime is 10:00PM.
- Ryouta referred to his quirky way of talking about things as "Anghelism".
- Anghel's short story. It's about the moment of Edel Blau (Hiyoko) sealing him.
- The Japanese name for bleeding heart doves is 緋胸鳩 (himune bato), which might be where the name Himnesia came from.
- When asked about the Hatoful characters' ICPSS heights, Moa responded with 'I've never thought of that. You can set them as you like. (But I think Anghel is not tall!) '
- For Legumentine's, Anghel prefers bitter black beans because he thinks they make him seem adult-like. In reality, he hates bitter food.
- Anghel won't appear in the game if you do not "wish for the mad love of a fallen angel" during Tanabata. To get that option, you have to obtain Shuu's ending first and start a new game. It is also possible to get Anghel after obtaining Yuuya's ending.
- To get his ending, just keep asking him out and also keep him out of Shuu's way the best you can. Also make sure to attend either only music class or only math class. It will improve the strength of certain attacks in the Himnesia battle.
Notes and ReferencesEdit
- ↑ Hatoful Boyfriend Official Fanbook
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Hatoful Boyfriend: A School of Hope and White Wings
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Webcomic
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Absolute Zero - the Forbidden Epic of Fallen Angels
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 http://clione.halfmoon.jp/hatoful-boyfriend/gallery/index.html
- ↑ http://www.zazzle.com/hatoking
- ↑ http://moa810.deviantart.com/art/Hatovent-18-Anghel-509129929
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 http://twitpic.com/photos/moa810
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 10.4 10.5 10.6 10.7 http://hatoking.com/blog/scrap-hatoful
- ↑ https://twitter.com/moa810/status/594157498308820994
- ↑ http://moa810.tumblr.com/post/129275602692/so-this-is-why-anghel-came-to-the-shrine-with-his
- ↑ https://twitter.com/moa810/status/644469900098990080